Thursday, April 8, 2010

New Recipe for April


Mango Chicken Stir-Fry

1 tbsp. peanut oil
1 chicken breast cut into cubes
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp. lime juice
1 1/2 tsp. Ground Fresh Chili Paste (Next time I will only use 1 teas. This was pretty spicy for Paul and Andrew.)
1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 cup fresh mango diced
1/2 cup sliced green onion (green tops only)
1/2 cup roasted and salted cashews

Directions

Heat the peanut oil in your skillet. I added a couple of teaspoons of garlic to the oil. Once it started to sizzle I added the chicken (I salted the chicken a little too) and fried it over medium-high heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile stir together honey, soy sauce, lime juice, chili paste and cornstarch. Add the sauce to the skillet once your chicken is nice and brown. Cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in mango until heated through. Add green onions and cashews.

I served it over Jasmin rice.

I LOVED THIS RECIPE!!!

Paul and Andrew really liked it too. Andrew didn't love the mangos but they were easy to pick around. Of course Emma didn't like it at all. Why would she? It wasn't cheesy or white. We threatened her with no Ipod just to get her to taste it.

This was really quick and easy to make. It was flavorful and fragrant. I also think it's really pretty too! It was a little spicy but that's okay as far as I'm concerned but next time I will cool it off. I will definitely make this again. I hope you try it and like it as much as we did. If you don't like it I apologize now.

2 comments:

linda said...

I just added this recipe to our menu for this week. I can't wait to try it.

dawneradg said...

I am going to try this recipe this week. It sounds really yummy. Amber (LippyMans)