Monday, April 5, 2010

The Food, Oh the Food

I know I talk about food a lot. All the time as a matter of fact. I get really giddy and excited about food. Especially when I don't have to cook it.

I know that I have talked about being on a diet and trying really hard to eat better. That is a fact. When I do eat bad stuff (like the cheesecake from Zupa's for example) it's a treat. A treat so rare that I find it blog worthy. All you hear about is when I eat bad, not all the good I do at other times. I have really, really, become better about what I and have significantly lessened the frequency of my junk food indulgences. I swear it's true.

On this trip I had McDonald's for breakfast, Chick-fil-A for lunch, Javier's for dinner and a very high caloried piece of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory for dessert. That's just day one. Is it any wonder I came home 3 pounds heavier? (Part can be blamed on PMS and I'm happy to report that I've already lost some in the last 24 hours.)

Javier's was awesome! The salsa had kick. I told Paul "this isn't any pussy Utah salsa, this is the good stuff." I could have eaten it until I died.
I couldn't help myself. I had to update my Facebook status right then and there. This is what I wrote.

All is right in my world. I'm wearing flip flops, drinking a pina colada, eating real salsa and guac with a H&M bag at my side.

I don't know if I could have been any happier than I was right at that moment.

Do you see the face?
Javier's I will miss you...

During the rest of the trip we had more Mexican, more cheesecake, some filet Mignon, big breakfasts, and more Chick-fil-A. Bliss.

No comments: