Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 2-Maine

I left my heart in Maine. I am ready to pack my crap and move right this minute. I loved it there. Don't even think about telling me I would hate the winters. I don't want to hear it, so just shut it. Let me go on thinking it is heaven on earth. I'm happier that way.

Maine is where I first touched the Atlantic. (It was freakin' cold!)


Maine is where I found this big shell. (Even though it wasn't that pretty I was way excited. I never find big shells.)


Maine is where we saw three lighthouses.





Maine is where I had one of the best meals of my life!

On my bucket list I wrote that I wanted to eat a lobster in Maine. Paul was on board with making my dream come true but we had different visions of how it would happen. He wanted to stop at the first restaurant, eat and go. I wanted atmosphere. I wanted to be overlooking the water. I wanted it to be memorable.

We saw this little shack on a slough and went it. We looked over the menu and didn't see whole lobsters. We asked the guy working if we could get one and he said yes. I ask if anyone could help me because I didn't know what to do with it. He looked at me like I had two heads. We decided to give it a try anyway.

He told us to pick any table we wanted. We chose the only one that was left by the window. The vinyl table-"cloth" was covered in crumbs. We sat like we were invisible for at least five minutes. I looked over and saw an old lady eating what appeared to be a burnt grilled cheese. I told Paul that this wasn't what I had in mind. We ended up walking out. I am so glad we did! After an afternoon of driving around looking for lighthouses, outlet shopping and souvenir shopping we to Demillo's. It was recommended by the girl at the "crap shop" (souvenir store)

It was so awesome! If you are ever in Portland I highly recommend it.
The restaurant is actually a large boat that is docked. The views were amazing. The prices were not bad at all and the waitress couldn't have been kinder. She was so good about helping me eat my lobster. She even took our picture for us.
They had a special that was two lobsters for $19.95. I was so tempted. Instead I got a different deal. It included clam chowder, salad, a whole lobster, two jumbo shrimp (seriously the biggest shrimp I have ever seen), veggies, mashed potato, a drink and dessert for under $40. Can you believe that!?!
Paul got surf-n-turf.
Here is my dinner. Isn't he cute? He sure was yummy.
On the way back we planned to stop in New Hampshire to buy a Powerball or Mega-Millions ticket but the big stores that were right on the border were closed! We stopped at Walgreens but they didn't have anything we wanted. No New Hampshire stuff at all, not even a postcard. Here is how I feel about New Hampshire. Just kidding. It looked like a lovely state.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Hmmm...lobster is not my thing. But the lighthouses are fantastic!

rlg said...

You look so pretty in the pictures.The lighthouses are unbelieveable. Very beautiful. I love your pictures, they are always so perfect.