Tuesday, April 27, 2010

14th Anniversary in Boston

We made it home pretty late last night from our trip to Boston. We had a fabulous time. We did so much stuff it was unbelievable. We might need a vacation from our vacation.

We saw five different states, went to a MLB game, ate like kings, walked all around the city, rode the subways, visited Cheers, climbed almost 300 stairs and took over 1300 pictures!

We got in Wed. night, got our car, went to dinner, shopped for some Sox gear and called it a night.

Here are some highlights from our first full day.

We drove to Cambridge so I could see Harvard. I got a tote bag at the bookstore.
I entered. Did I gain wisdom?
It looks like Paul did.
We walked through Harvard Yard then drove over to the Charles River.
Here is the row house. I had wanted desperately to see rowers.
There they are! I secretly hoped that they would be dressed in preppy, ivy league, v-necked sweaters, but this was what I got.
That night, after a huge thunder/rain storm and a subway ride we made it to Fenway. What freaking cool stadium. It was so much fun to be there with all that history and all the Sox fans.
How cool is this!?!


The Green Monstah

We got super cheap grandstand tickets. Look at these seats. They were so old looking and super tiny. You practically had to sit sideways or you were rubbing shoulders with your neighbor. Paul couldn't even put his feet flat without his knees hitting the person in-front of us. I loved the way they looked though. I took about 15 pictures of just the seats!
We were really packed in there.
We knew we had bought tickets with an "obstructed view" but we had no idea we wouldn't be able to see home base LOL!
The game was pretty boring and it got cold so we didn't stay long. We left around the 6th inning. It was still a blast and I am so glad we got to go.

Day 2 coming soon...

2 comments:

rlg said...

Looks pretty cool. Can't wait to see the rest of your trip.

Heidi said...

Ok, those seats are totally cool! I love them and I would have taken a dozen pics too. Glad to know I'm not alone. ;)
Happy anniversary! We celebrate 14 next month!