Thursday, June 17, 2010

Strawberry Days~Concert in the Park

Tuesday night was pack meeting and I didn't take my camera. I should have. Andrew earned a belt-loop and pin for basketball. He was also name Bear Scout of the Month which was a total surprise since we aren't very scouty. Maybe they did it to encourage him? Whatever the reason he was thrilled.

After pack meeting the kids and I headed to the concert in the park. The only problem, we went to the wrong park. It isn't like we live in a large city LOL! It's pretty hard to screw up which park to go to, but I did. Finally we made it.

The line for free strawberry's and cream was absurd. It was also the reason we went so in the line we went. The kids could see the royal court across the grass so I told them to go ahead and I would wait. Eventually we got our strawberry's.
And the kids met the pretty girls.

The band actually sounded really good. They played classic rock instead of country. Woot!
We found our friends, there was frisbee drama (Emma got one, Andrew didn't) I wanted to leave, Robb and Maggie invited us to snow-cones and we went. A little sugar and Andrew was like new.





It started to get windy, the sky got dark and we saw lightning while we were eating our treats.

No comments: