Sunday, June 27, 2010

Girl's Camp


Emma made it home Friday afternoon. She had a great time with a lot of stories to tell. She took some pictures but most of these were taken by the leaders. It looks like she spent a lot of time in and on the water. She learned how to make cute fabric flowers and bracelets out of embroidery floss. I love seeing her in action and am so glad to have these pictures.





On their hike someone got "hurt" and they had to use the skills they learned to help them. 



On their big hike they encountered cows. Cows with babies that blocked their paths. Apparently a frightened baby cow can moo very very loudly!



The canoeing looks like so much fun! I am so thankful she had this opportunity. 













They had a superhero theme and these shields with inspirational sayings were posted around their camp. 



Emma was on the far right. She was right next to Lauren who is my old roommate from the 90's daughter. Isn't that crazy?!? I know when we lived together so long ago that we never could have imaged being in the same ward as adults or that our daughters would be tent-mates at girl's camp. It's a freakishly small world. 


This was home last week.


I have some more pictures from when I got her home. Even though she was dirty and tired she was a sight for sore eyes and I couldn't stop hugging her. 

No comments: