Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Mormon Miracle Pageant

I had wanted to go to New York this summer for our family vacation and attend the Hill Cumorah pageant but the flights were outrageous so we weren't able to pull it off. (We are going to Chicago instead and I am crossing my fingers we will get to Nauvoo one of the days.)

Yesterday we headed down to Manti for the pageant. It's the next best thing right? I hadn't been since the mid 90's so we weren't sure what to expect. We arrived early so we got some Mexican in Ephraim. It wasn't bad.

The gates opened at 6:00 p.m. and we there shortly after. We claimed our seats (there weren't chairs in the 90's but there are chairs now. Thousands of them) and headed to a park, where there was shade.
We hung out there for hours.
and hours,


and hours.
Finally the sun started to drop and the actors came out to meet the crowd.





Then it was almost time for it to begin.

I love this temple. It is so imposing in such a small town.



Overall we had a good time. It was a little long and the kids got a little bored at times. At least there was a sky full of constellations and airplanes to keep the occupied. We got home about 1:30 a.m. went to bed around 2:00 and slept in until 11:00 a.m.

I just got up from a nap and now I've got to go. I'm getting ready to see Funny Girl at the Scera Shell. It's that time of year again!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

GORGEOUS shots of the temple! Wow! I've never been to a pageant before. Sounds like fun to me!