Sunday, December 19, 2010

Wednesday, Thursday & Friday

Wednesday after dinner we let the kids unwrap their chocolate orange. They both love them. They were excited but probably hoping for something more. Andrew ate his whole orange and gave himself a tummy ache. Live and learn ; )



Thursday the kids got this for their clue. It's not too hard to figure out but we'll get to that later. 


Thursday was a rough day for Emma thanks to hormones and math. She missed two problems on a large  test. Because of this she had to stay in a study class while her BFF got to go to a fun class. She had to do an extra worksheet plus correct the problems she missed. They were silly careless errors so she really beat herself up. It was also piano day. She hates piano. I took her down and her teacher (who is an angel by the way) and I talked/counseled her for the first ten minutes. Finally she regained her composure and the rest of the day was better. Andrew has his lesson right after she does. When we went to pick him up we decided to take Marius. That really cheered her up. He was concerned but didn't seem to mind too much. 




That evening both kids were happy and eager to write out cards for their friends & teachers. They also helped prepare the gifts with tags and bows. 



Friday was the last day of school for 2010. I can't believe it. I had decided I wasn't going to help out with the class party but Andrew did ask me to go to his school's Christmas sing. I had a hot lunch date with Paul at the Texas Roadhouse so I wasn't sure if I could make it but we got done just in time. I made it and I am so glad I did. 


Andrew was thrilled to have me there. I got to sit near him and the girl he likes, Charlee. Each grade got to sing a Christmas song that they had worked on. It was fun to hear all the different songs. Andrew and the other 4th graders sang a special edition of the 12 days of Christmas written just for their school. There were over 700 kids in one room and it was awesome. I know a lot of places probably wouldn't allow this these days. It reminded me of when I was a kid. I'm glad my kids will have these memories too. 


The teacher's song was interrupted by a special guest. Santa came and told each child in the crowd how special they were and how important it is to dream. Again, This isn't something really for parents but I'm glad I went. 


Here is the clue for Friday night. At first both of the kids were confused. They didn't think they would want to sleep in the living room but they did and they had fun. 


Emma didn't want to sleep on the floor so she took the big couch. I had to try out the accommodations. It was a little bit of a tight fit.  


Andrew, who sleeps on the floor by choice most nights anyway, decided to take the little couch. I'm not sure why other than to be like his big sister. They sat up for over an hour talking, sharing pictures on their ipods and giggling. It was music to my ears. 



Look at the cute pillow case Emma finished up Wed. night at her young woman's activity. She wants one for every holiday now. It really is adorable. 



Overall I have had so much fun doing these activities. I hope this becomes a family tradition. 

No comments: