Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Eve

Paul and I worked hard the morning of Christmas Eve getting the house in order for that night. We cleaned, vacuumed, dusted, set the table and started baking. This is one of my favorite areas of the house. I love my Jim Shore santa collection and all the pictures from years past. Let me just say, the tree is already down but I will be keeping this up a little while longer. It makes me happy.


We had several people bring us treats throughout the day. It was so fun receiving so many wonderful goodies.


Think there is enough to keep us satisfied?


I made my pecan pie again. Yum. 


I used my red, white and green Fiestaware on the table.


We had a nice ham dinner with yummy potatoes (AKA~Funeral potatoes) and my rolls turned out perfectly. They were light and delicious. After dinner we let the kids show off the songs they had learned in piano. We read/acted out the nativity and then exchanged gifts. Paul and Emma got season passes to Park City's Mountain Resort from my parents and I got a new set of pans. Sweet! We really appreciated their generosity. 




Then the elves delivered our pajamas.


And we took some pictures in front of the tree. 


My parents with the kids and the blankets my mom made them.


After a while the kids went to bed (not asleep, just to bed) and up went the "no peak sheet" 


But Emma still tried to peak. 

Finally Santa was able to come. 


The annual Christmas tree picture. 


One more. 


It was a wonderful night. We enjoyed a lot of good food. We shared a lot of laughs over the letters the kids wrote to my mom. We felt the Spirit while we read the story of Christ's birth and we all enjoyed each others company. I'm a very grateful for the traditions we have has a family and for the memories we are making.

2 comments:

rlg said...

Looks like Santa was very good to the kids. Thanks for another wonderful Christmas Eve. Love your family so much.

Wingnut said...

A belated Merry Christmas! Looks like you had a great time!!!