Tuesday, February 15, 2011

February 10th



(Emma's wearing a white scarf, that isn't toilet paper hanging out of her hoodie!)


Last Thursday David and Nancy took our family to see the Phantom of the Opera at the high school. (Apparently Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom just became available for high schools to use) I was so excited when I found out they were putting on this performance. I was really curious to see how it compared to the Broadway production. I was also eager to show the kids one of my most favorite musicals of all time. The Phantom of the Opera is the musical that started my love of musicals.

The show was awesome. The school did a really great job. We were blown away by the props and the make-up. This wasn't just a rinky-dink high school show, this was major performance! They stuck right to the original. Andrew Lloyd Webber would be proud.

The actress who played Christine was so incredibly talented. It was hard to believe she was a high school student. I'm guessing that she will have a long career in musical theater.

The kids both really enjoyed it. Andrew came home and grabbed my piano book of the music and asked me to play it for him. (wow am I rusty!) They have since watched the movie version and asked for the music for their ipods.

I am grateful that Paul's parents gave us this opportunity to go and I am glad that the kids enjoyed it so much. I am constantly blown away by the talent that surrounds us. I can't wait to see what the school does next year.

No comments: