Saturday, November 6, 2010

Today I am Thankful for Autumn

This picture was taken last year but it looked pretty much just like this again this year.

I am not one that skips from Halloween to Christmas. I just can't do it. I think autumn and Thanksgiving are wonderful. I think that it is important to focus on bounty, harvest and gratitude for this brief moment. In my opinion it shouldn't be over looked. It's a great time of year.

I have loved watching the leaves change. I have loved the short days and the cooler weather. This fall has been particularly lovely. It's lasted a lot longer than in years past. We have been in the high 60's and low 70's. I have worn flip-flops and short sleeves. In November. I feel like I am back home in California. It's all coming to an end so I need to be thankful for it now.

2 comments:

linda said...

Great photo. I am also loving our fall weather, this time last year we had already had a snow day and 3 snow storms.. I love thanksgiving, and it is my favorite holiday..

Angela said...

where is this hill. I think it's the same one you took Maggie's family photos at, right?