Saturday, November 27, 2010

Family Home Evening

We just got home from our long Thanksgiving weekend in St. George. There are a lot of stories to tell and hundreds of pictures to go through. I hope to blog about it tomorrow. Tonight I am just going to throw up some pictures from this past Monday's family home evening. I was still suffering from my cold so I kept it simple.


I have really struggled with getting kids to do chores on a schedule while they are in school. Usually it's more like "hey you, take out the recycling that is vomiting all over the floor." The kids also have some minor entitlement issues so they need ways to earn money and they need to learn how to work. All of this came together in a chore chart that is broken down into time slots. Before they can move onto free time they have to get us to sign off the chore for that time. At the end of the week they will turn it in for their "paycheck". We start this coming Monday. They still have a lot of free time and it should help me keep up with the house a little better. We will see how long this plan works.


After talking about their new responsibilities we had a game of Apples to Apples and ate Danish butter cookies while wearing pajamas. It was a lot of fun and the kids loved it. I am always amazed at the little things that make kids happy. All we had to do was play a game with them. 




Of course Marius joined us with the best seat in the house.


No comments: