Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New Recipe for September


(Yes another crappy food photo, sorry)

Here is the recipe I found from Simplify Supper called Honeylulu Chicken. I was so excited to try it I tried it on the first day of the month! 


4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
1/4  cup olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon Dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Mix all ingredients except chicken in a saucepan. Heat this mixture over medium heat and let simmer about 5 minutes. Let the mixture cool. Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish and pour the sauce over all (you can also do this in gallon size ziplock bags). Place in refrigerator to marinate at least four hours. BBQ over hot coals. 

We (Paul and I) liked this. The kids didn't, that's why there is some pale meat on the one kabob. We knew they would prefer blah chicken. We ate it with grilled pineapple that was glazed in butter and brown sugar. It wasn't great. I need to work on the grilled pineapple. 

Now the recipe below is one that we have been using for years. It is one of Paul's favorites. He likes the glaze on shrimp too. I personally don't think it has enough flavor or kick.  

Keep in mind I've had a sore throat so my taste buds could be off 

but to me the recipe above didn't taste that different from this one below. I thought it may be more flavorful since there are extra spices, but it wasn't. I will probably just use the one we already used since it has fewer ingredients and I'm that lazy. I do plan to try it one more time just to see. 


No comments: