Wednesday, September 1, 2010

New Recipe for August

(I'm sorry about the horrible picture. I can't get a good picture in my dining room. The lighting in there is terrible for taking pictures.)

There is this website that I recently found and I am totally in love with. It's called Simplify Supper . The girl who has this site was on Good Things Utah with this recipe for Parmesan Ranch Chicken.

On the site she has a calendar with a dinner idea for each night along with a recipe. You can even go back through and look at other calendars. Some ideas even come with suggestions for a side dish. She gives you a shopping list if you want to use all of her ideas. Almost all the recipes are quick and easy with relatively few ingredients. You can pay to be a member and use your own recipes and customize things but I haven't done that yet. Paul and I went through and picked out several recipes that we wanted to try on the August calendar.

Here is the recipe I tried first.  

Parmesan Ranch Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 package dried ranch dressing mix
1 cup Parmesan, grated
2 cups corn flakes, crushed
3 tablespoon butter, melted

Combine corn flakes, parmesan and ranch dressing. Dip each breast in butter then roll in corn flake mixture. Place in bottom of shallow baking dish and bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes.

I think this recipe has potential. Paul really liked it. Andrew and I thought it was way too salty. For the record I am not one that gets offended by salt but this was over the top salty. In defense of the recipe it calls for 4 breasts. I only used one and a half and cut them into chicken tenders. Maybe there was too much coating for the small pieces of meat?  I made a full recipe of coating even though I was using less meat so maybe there was too much coating? I think in the future I wouldn't use the whole packet. Emma just didn't like it. Surprise, not!

Because it was so easy and because I almost always have the ingredients I will probably try this again sometime.

I used another one of her recipes for dinner tonight. I will have to blog that one in a few days. I'm not feeling it right now.

1 comment:

linda said...

Thanks for the recipe. It looks really good.