Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 7 Part 1 ~ The Field Museum

I had been anxiously awaiting our trip to the Field Museum. I wanted to see Sue the T-Rex. The day was  really uneventful, thank goodness. We found street parking, there were no lines, the humidity was low and we were all getting along. Miraculous.  



SUE


After learning that Sue comes from South Dakota, just like Paul, we went to the Egypt exhibit. 




It was cool and a bit creepy all at the same time. We were ready for lunch so we headed downstairs. We found more Mold-a-Rama's. We all love these things.


By the end of the day we had all four mold-a-rama dinosaurs.


We then got shrunk and went underground. I love this picture of us with the giant penny. 


We all thought this was really cool. The kids loved all the animatronic bugs. 












After we were done underground we went to Africa. 






More pictures of Sue


We didn't get to see everything but we hit quite a few of the hot spots. 












It was really interesting. I didn't realize that my kids didn't know about evolution. I know I never taught them but I suppose I figured they would have heard something about it in science. They knew nothing. The whole concept was really surprising to them. It led to some good discussions about our beliefs and how they may or may not be related to the scientific beliefs. 




I think we managed to hit each and every gift shop. This picture pretty much cracks me up.


Can you tell I like Sue? They also had a gem exhibit. Hello. I would love to wear some of the pieces in there. They were amazing. Check out this necklace. I think I could rock that necklace.


This ring is to die for. It was a little more green in real life. It was also huge. I want one.


One of the very few pictures of all four of us and I'm the only one with a real smile. Come on guys! 


After the museum we headed back to the Willis/Sears tower. I think I will blog that while the laundry is washing in the morning. I'm tired of blogging right now. LOL! 

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love all the pics, I have so many that are nearly the same! I'm so glad you went and got such good pics! This is my favorite museum in the city!

rlg said...

We laughed out loud at you and Emma with the masks on. Nice pictures. Cool museum.