Sunday, August 1, 2010

Date Night!



One of my most favorite places on the planet is the Sundance Resort. Somehow I missed the fact that they had annual summer theater performances. I knew they hosted concerts, but not shows. A few weeks ago my in-laws asked if Paul and I would like their tickets since they would be out of town for the opening night of Big River. We would be going as guests of Lexus. Of course I answered with an excited YES! 

The night started with a buffet barbecue dinner in that amazing room right by the pond where they have wedding receptions and important gatherings. I have always wanted to be part of a private event at Sundance and finally I was!!! It was so cool. I wanted to take a million pictures but thought better of it.

After we finished eating our delicious grilled chicken sandwiches, baked beans, watermelon, pasta salad and dessert we lined up for the tractor to take us up to the outdoor theater. It was a total kick riding on a tractor up the side of a mountain.


Sundance does everything to the nines. They had a bluegrass group playing as we arrived.



Here are a couple of glimpses of the set. We were asked not to take pictures during the performance, which I totally understand, but it would have been so easy to do. I have to admit I was really tempted since we were seated so close. I could have gotten some great shots before the sun went down. Oh well.






Paul and I really enjoyed ourselves. The play was great. I knew nothing about it going in but ended up really enjoying it. It is based on the novel Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.  It was funny and touching and of course the actors were wonderful.

 




The atmosphere could not be beat. I got to wear jeans and a light sweater. It actually felt cool up there. I haven't felt cool for months. I was loving life. After the show was over Paul and I opted to walk down rather than ride the tractor. We got to hold hands in the dark under the stars. It was the perfect evening. We've asked David and Nancy to make sure they are out of town next year so we can go again. LOL! I'm already excited to see what show they choose for next year.



2 comments:

Angela said...

We have tickets for this weekend. We've missed Emma in class and I missed you teaching in RS (I went to RS last week when my mom was in town). I bet you were happy to get out of that lesson topic!

rlg said...

I'm so happy that you had such a great time. I think it is wonderful that you take time to have dates with Paul.