Monday, May 17, 2010

New Recipe for May


This recipe came in an email from Betty Crocker this week. I wanted to try it since I had almost everything I needed for it and it seemed different and easy. (I am always looking for new ways to make chicken.) I only had to buy limes and the stuff for the pasta salad that I thought would be a good side. The salad went great with it as did the pineapple.

Lime- and Chili- Rubbed Chicken Breasts

2teaspoons chili powder
2teaspoons packed brown sugar
2teaspoons grated lime peel
1/2teaspoon salt
1/4teaspoon garlic powder
1/8teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
2boneless skinless chicken breasts
Olive Oil

Heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, mix chili powder, brown sugar, lime peel, salt, garlic powder and ground red pepper. Rub both sides of chicken with oil, then with spice mixture.
Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 10 to 15 minutes, turning once or twice, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).

Paul and I totally loved this. It was really good and almost had a Thai flavor. Neither kid liked it, at all, dang it. We will make this again and again though. Next time we will just grill the second breast without the rub for the kids.

I now have a bunch of bald limes left over. I need to remember to make this and then plan a meal that requires limes juice the next day.
I feel sorry for these poor limes.


No comments: