Saturday, May 8, 2010

How Many Days can one Spend Celebrating Their Birthday?

MANY!

Back on April 14th my mom took me birthday shopping to find shoes for my trip to Boston. We had a very nice time and I got some shoes that worked out great. We even went out to Thai for lunch. She had only eaten Thai one other time. We were so brave, we ordered pumpkin curry. On our way home she declared, "I think I like it" LOL! It was fun watching her try something new.

On April 28th my friends and I went to lunch to celebrate my birthday. We were suppose to go to the Tulip Festival after. I told them that's all I wanted, time with friends but the weather was cold, super windy and wet. It was not at all conducive to walking through gardens. It wasn't what we had originally planned but it was still a very nice afternoon. My friends pampered me with candy, lotion, a gift card and picked up my tab. So nice!

I love my friends. They lift me up everyday and make me feel good about myself. They are kind, loving and great examples. I treasure each and everyone and really had fun chatting over lunch. Jennifer C. took off before I could get a picture. A few others who are very dear to my heart couldn't be there, but I knew they were there in spirit. I can't put into words how much I love these ladies.

Me and Angela.
Irene, CarrieAnn and Sara who announced at lunch that she was going to be a big sister!!!
Maggie, Me, Jennifer W. and Kameo
To all the others, we missed you!

Thursday I got birthday money in the mail. LOVE THAT! Friday I went shopping and took really good care of myself. I got some shirts, some Bath and Body stuff and I used my Tai Pan gift card from Maggie on some awesome dishes I had been eyeing. It was so fun.

On May 1st (the day we decided to celebrate my birthday) Paul got up early to get me donuts for my traditional birthday "cake". I wanted to go to Olivia's baptism that morning so I got all ready. As I was leaving everyone asked if I could do my donut cake then so they could eat some for breakfast. I obliged. This year Paul got donuts holes to put in the donuts to add a new dimension and he surprised me with balloons.

It's hard to see put the plate is pink and square and I love it. Thanks Maggie!
After the baptism, which was lovely by the way, we headed to Gardner Village. They are celebrating 30 years, just like me ;) Look everything was decorated for my arrival. Ha! It was just a happy coincidence.
Emma gave me these for my gift. I'm not sure if she really wanted to give them up but she knew I would treasure them.
After lunch I bought myself a little bitty quilt kit at Pine Needles. It's Aster Manor and maybe someday I will feel like sewing again and actually make it. This is right outside the quilt store.
After Gardner Village we went to Leatherby's for ice cream and I got to open another present. It was a cute pair of Nautica pajama's.

The ice cream was delish.
Sunday, my real birthday,we went to church and then came home and took a nap. Napping is one of my favorite pastimes and I'm really good at it. After the nap we went to David and Nancy's for cake, cake and razzelberry pie. I had all three. Yum!

Joi got me a super cute cupcake decorating set from Williams Sonoma. It has cute liners and little flags. I can't wait to use it. David and Nancy gave me a savings bond. We got to visit for a while and the cousins got to run around and play together.
I was going to wait to post about my birthday until I had my "big gift" but it hasn't come yet. I should be getting a brand spankin' new D90 on Monday. Gasp. I'm still a little in shock but more excited than anything.

Thanks everyone for making my 35th so special!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

How cool! My sister declares it her "birthday month" every June. Sounds about right for you too! :OP

How awesome about the camera!!!

CarrieAnn said...

I am so glad you truly were so spoiled for your birthday. You deserve it. :) Your birthday lunch was super fun!!