Thursday, October 7, 2010

Still Enjoying our View

Emma gets up an hour earlier than she did last year. While she eats breakfast I sit in the living room looking out west as the sun comes up over the mountains behind us. It's pretty awesome watching the valley lighten and come to life each morning. How can you not love this? The golden glow of the sun was so pretty this morning. 

An hour or so later the sky looked like this. 


It wasn't too much longer before the clouds rolled in and it started to storm. You can't even see the mountains of the lake anymore. (They say if you don't like the weather in Utah wait 10 minutes. It's so true.)


My wonderfully clean window got wet. 


Thankfully it dried pretty spot free and the clouds started to clear out. Notice the dusting of snow on the top of that mountain? It's up on Timp too. I'm not ready for snow. 


I will appreciate getting blinds put back up (we feel like we live in a fish bowl) but at the same time I am astonished at how much I have been missing. I'm realizing how important it is to take time to appreciate the beauty that surrounds us. 

No comments: