Sunday, October 10, 2010

Clam Chowder=Yum!

I wanted to make this Thursday but didn't get to it until tonight. It was very yummy. Too bad only the girls eat it.

The recipe I used is suppose to be Disneyland's recipe. It's close but I'm not convinced it's the same. Maybe it tastes different because we aren't in the park enjoying the atmosphere. The recipe below is one that I had made some changes to. I cut it in half from the original. I can't find the original online anymore so I'm just posting "my" version. 


New Orleans Square Clam Chowder

Yield: 4-6 servings.
 
Ingredients
1/8 lb. butter
3/4 cups chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
¼+1/8  cup all purpose flour (it was ¾ and I halved the recipe)
2 C. half and half
1 can of chopped clams, reserving juice
1/8 cup chopped green bell pepper ( didn't have this so I left it out)
1/8 cup chopped red bell pepper
½ teaspoon instant chicken broth
salt
pepper
1/8 tsp. thyme
4 small diced potatoes
Directions
In a medium saucepan, melt butter; add onions, celery, red and green peppers and thyme. Sautee until tender. Add flour and chicken broth cube; cook over low heat for 5-10 minutes. Add half and half and reserved clam juice. Add clams, potatoes, salt and pepper. Simmer until thick and tender. Mine got way too thick. I should have added some more milk but I didn't. It was still fine, just super thick.



No comments: