Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Love Affair Continues! Day 4 Boston



Friday July 27th. Paul rented a car in Manhattan a couple of blocks from our hotel. It took him SOOO long to get the car and then to get back to our hotel. Meanwhile the kids and I were sitting in the lobby guarding all of our luggage. This is what the lobby looked like. I stared at it for almost an hour.


Once we got out of the city is was smooth sailing. We wanted to hit as many states as possible. We stopped in Connecticut for lunch.


We didn't see a whole lot of Rhode Island but that was okay.


Finally Massachusetts! I loved how green the whole drive was. Sign me up, I'm sold! I still dream of living in New England.

Paul checked us into the hotel but had to find street parking so he left us to walk up will all the luggage on our own. He was told at check-in that they upgraded us to a corner room so we would have a little more space. He was so excited after three days in the cracker jack box sized room we had in New York. When the kids and I walked in we were stunned. The room was HUGE. It felt so nice to have so much space. We decided to play a joke on Paul. We met him in the hall and told him it was just a little bigger than New York. When he walked in his jaw almost hit the floor.



I should have turned around here and taken a picture of the entry way. That was one of the biggest parts of the room. We had a full sized closet to the left. It was just awesome! Thank you lady at the check-in desk. We love you! 






We liked our view too. It's so different from anything in California or Utah. 


We were right by the theater district/Chinatown/Tuffs Medical Center and a Panera Bread. Yum!

Paul's great friend Bobby works in Boston so he met us at the hotel where we caught up while we waited for his family to come into town. When they arrived we walked to Quincy Market for dinner. I had my first every lobster roll and loved every bite. After dinner we walked over to Mike's for cannoli. 



Here is Emma and super cute Jasmine waiting in Mike's. 


We were so happy to be there with good food and good friends.


I wanted to get a picture of Emma coming out of Mike's with the precious cargo. All of a sudden this guy photobombed Emma. He was so cute and determined to have his picture taken with her.


I think Boston is the most beautiful city I have ever visited. I love, love, love it!!! I was a little worried that maybe I had built it up in my head and that when I went back it wouldn't live up to my memories. Nope, not the case. I would say if anything I liked it even more than last time. Maybe because the kids loved it so much too? I just think it is fabulous! 



We walked back to Faneuil Hall to eat our treats.


Hello amaretto lover. I've been waiting years to be with you again.


Who would have thunk it. The kids are cannoli fans. 


Big surprise ; )



Paul and Bobby hanging out and catching up. I wish I had taken more pictures of them together. 


Bobby getting us hooked up with subway passes for the next few day. Let the fun begin. 

No comments: