Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Our Last Full Day in Boston

And boy did we make the most of it! We walked ALL OVER THE CITY. Of course it was awesome and we loved every minute of it, unless we were hungry. Note to self-My pictures are out of order because part way through the day I filled up my 8gb memory card and had to put in my other card so the number count started over.  

We started the day on the Freedom Trail

We ended the day eating pizza at Uno's near Fenway Park. We were a little bummed that there weren't any games being played while we were there. (The Sox were in New York playing the Yankees.) We wanted the kids to see the stadium anyway. After walking around the stadium Bobby and Jackie picked us up and took us to ice cream in Waltham. 




Okay, earlier in the day, on the Freedom Trail we saw the Paul Revere House. This time we actually went inside. It was so tiny and not too exciting but I am so glad we did it. They have actual artifacts displayed from that time that were very interesting. No photos allowed though. Boo!



Paul by Paul's house.


We didn't stop, but we wanted to...






Andrew in the Old North Church.


Making our way across the water to Old Iron Sides.



Finally! We made it to the USS Constitution. 













We took a water taxi back over toward the aquarium.



We caught the subway. I love the Boston subway. So much nicer, cleaner, newer and they even had fans in the stations.


We passed this area of town while on the Duck Boat tour. We were told that these statues were put up in 1998 to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Irish famine. It's very serious stuff. Emma wanted a picture by them but the birds kept landing on their heads. We couldn't help but laugh as the pigeons roosted and pooped on their heads. We are so naughty.



Frog Pond!



My favorite, the Swan boats.


We actually got to ride on one. 






What would a pond with swan boats be without real swans?









We made our way to the Make Way for Ducklings statue. It was so cute! Don't tell but I think I'm going to get each of the kids this book for Christmas. 





Back to the Freedom Trail



I was obsessed with these windows last time I was in Boston and it was no different this time. They are just gorgeous. No one is in the building still. Maybe we should look into renting it ; )


I took almost 600 pictures this day. It was so hard narrowing it down to these 50. It hurts my heart a little to look at the pictures. It reminds me of how wonderful it is there. How lovely the weather was. How kind the people were. How gorgeous everything was. It is such an awesome city. I long to be there. I miss Boston. Everything about it. Anyone know where I can get a good lobster roll in Utah? Me either. Sigh!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Mignonne, I love your pictures of Boston. I live about 2 hours away and my husband and I have been there many times. We have also done the Freedom Trail several
times but after seeing your pictures I need to get back there. We love Mike's Pastries. We usually drive to Framingham and take the T in. So much fun. I'm glad you had a good time there!