Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Their Last Week of Freedom

Last week kept us plenty busy. On Monday both kids had an orthodontist appointment. Andrew has a 100% overbite but otherwise no major problems to be concerned about. Emma is coming along nicely. After we were done at the ortho we met Paul for lunch at Taco Amigo. 

On Tuesday we were suppose to have an exterminator come. We waited 30 minutes beyond their one hour window and then I gave up. I had to get Emma to her school to pick up her final schedule and her locker before they shut down for the day. We ran down to the school, got her locker set up and hurried home for lunch. No exterminator. So rude! 

After being back at school, even for a minute, Emma was really excited and ready to start. Both kids were getting rowdy, anxious and bored. Pretty much, they were driving me nuts. I decided to get out of the house so I took them all to get frozen yogurt. 

I got peach mango tart with boba on it. It was delicious. The boba are fruit flavored balls full of juice that pop in your mouth while you are eating them. They are so fun to eat BUT I couldn't help but feel like I was eating fishing bait! 

Wednesday Andrew had an appointment with his teacher. We finally got to see the class list. He was excited to see he had some good friends in his class. 

He has the same teacher Emma had for 5th grade. I am thrilled with that. She is quite awesome! 

He was so happy to be back at school. He got to see some of his friends who were also there for reading assessments. This made it almost impossible for him to wait a second longer.  

On Thursday I had promised Andrew he could go to the movies with a friend. The local theater was playing Hook with Robyn Williams for only $1. I bought tickets for Emma and a friend to go too. They were both so excited for an afternoon out with friends. 

 Before we left we were trying to have a quick lunch so we could get out the door on time. Our microwave died a while back (it has power but doesn't cook) but we still used the work light that was mounted on the bottom of it. Well Andrew slammed the cabinet door next to microwave shut and it made the microwave fan start up. It wouldn't stop unless the microwave door was open. I tried cooking around the door in my face but that wasn't working well. I decided I would have to unplug it. 

I got up in the tiny cabinet above the microwave where I keep all my spices. I carefully started taking them out so I could get to the plug. I wasn't careful enough. I bumped something and it started an avalanche. The pumpkin pie spice fell right into our soup. Of course the lid wasn't on tight so it opened up pouring spice all into the soup and ruining the rest of the container. I was so frustrated. 

I got the kids fed and off to the movie without much more excitement but there was drama. Paul needed me to rescue him (He was stuck at work with no car and no way to get lunch) so I had to leave all four kids alone in the theater. It all worked out in the end and they had a great time. 

Afterward we went and got yogurt again. 

I got the same thing and got a splitting headache for the second time. I think I am allergic to something either in the yogurt or in the boba. Boo! I loved that stuff. 

Thursday night the Junior High had an open house. We all went and toured around Emma's classes, checked out her locker and introduced ourselves to the teachers. 

After that I went to a Relief Society barbecue/swim party. It was so nice to get away from the kids and talk to adults! 

Friday night Paul and I had our date night. It was wonderful. So wonderful it's going to get it's own post. 

Saturday morning Emma and I went to get our hair done. She got a haircut and some highlights put in. I just got a trim. The highlights weren't as dramatic as she wanted but I am totally okay with that. I think they look really good. It just brightens her up a bit. 

Oh she is going to hate me! 

She was a very happy girl when we left. After we were done with our hair we hit the mall and did some returns. When we got home we found Paul and Andrew cleaning his room. It was a mighty miracle. I was so relieved to have it done and even more relieved that I didn't have to do it! That evening we went to David and Nancy's for some dinner and family time. It was nice not to have to cook dinner and to be able to relax! 

Ah, deep breath. I am glad that last week is over. It was a busy and hard week for me. 

1 comment:

rlg said...

Great, fun pictures. A very busy time for you. Love Emma's hair.