Sunday, August 7, 2011

S'more Party

We have some really great girls in our neighborhood that we don't get together with often enough. I asked Emma if she would like to invite some friends over for a s'more night. Of course she wanted to. We made these cute invites that were inspired by some teacher gift tags I had seen on Pinterest. I thought they turned out really cute.



On the night of the party Paul took Andrew to see Captain America so it could be an all girls night. 

We kept things really simple. We had a Spoons game to play while it was still light outside. I heard a lot of girly squeals and giggles. It was so fun to listen to them all having fun. While the girls were out in the backyard I worked on my autumn quilt. I could keep and eye and ear on things but not be in their way. 




I built the fire all by myself. Even though I have made many fires in my day I was a little concerned that I wouldn't be able to get it to light for the girls that night. Just for the record it was an awesome fire!  


We had chocolate and Reese's since they are Emma's favorite. 


 Once it started to get dark I lit the fire and the girls started roasting marshmallows. 




After s'mores a bunch of the kids in the neighborhood played night games until late, late, late. Everything went really well. I am so glad we did this. I am already thinking ahead to what we could do for Halloween. I'm thinking a small scale cookie exchange/cocoa/craft thing for Christmas would be a lot of fun too. I feel blessed to have so many great kids in our area. I hope we get to spend more time with them in the future.  

3 comments:

Megan said...

You are too creative!! How fun!! :-)

linda said...

What a great idea. Love the invites

rlg said...

More fun times created by a kind and loving mom. Emma is blessed to have you.