Monday, March 18, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

TRADITION! 
(You get extra credit if you thought of Fiddler on the Roof when you read that.)

Nope, we didn't break away from our Valentine's tradition this year. It was all pretty much the same as all the years past. I wouldn't have it any other way. We had the table full of candy, the balloons, the heart shaped pizza, etc etc etc. It was just like it has been for the last 17 years. 


This may be my favorite balloon bouquet ever. I love the deep pinky red color. I had a hard time when these began to die. Luckily they lasted a very long time. Much longer than they should have. Andrew was able to shoot them with his BB gun one I was finally done with them so they provided much joy to all.




I hate that he is wearing a Superman shirt but the kid doesn't have anything without logos and he doesn't have hardly anything red. Next year I will be better prepared. 






This was something new! Emma got these beautiful flowers from a boy she goes to school with. This is the first time she has received flowers. I thought it was very very sweet. 


I asked Paul  to forget about the flowers and to get me Godiva chocolate instead. It has become my favorite. I said flowers just die, I can wear this chocolate around on my butt and hips for years.


Andrew loves red velvet cupcakes so when I saw this I knew I wanted to try them. I got up and made bacon and pancakes for breakfast. They were crazy thick. It was like eating brownies with syrup for breakfast. We all felt full for hours. They sat like bricks in our bellies. Yikes! 



The last Valentine box we should ever have to make.


 A phone picture of the cupcakes with pink and white swirled frosting that I slaved over. I should say they hardly got eaten with all the other candy we had. I won't be making cupcakes again any time soon.


No comments: