Monday, October 15, 2012

Pumpkin Patch 2012

Last year we did not make it to the pumpkin patch because we went to Disneyland.  We ran out of time and money LOL! It was so sad. It looked like we weren't going to make again this year due to another trip for fall break. After checking the calendar I knew we had to go Monday the 8th for Family Home Evening or it wasn't going to happen. I am SOOO glad we went. It was exactly what I needed. I haven't been as into fall/Halloween this year (I haven't even picked out any of our costumes yet!) for whatever reason but this did it. This got me so excited for autumn. The weather was lovely, the pumpkins perfect and the family time was unforgettable. It was easily one of the best nights ever!

We saw geese heading south.


A giant hog lounging.


Of course our kids went straight for the giant hay fort and climbed to the very tippy top. 



This year they were doing tractor hay rides! I was so excited. We loaded right up and rode around the farm looking at the gorgeous sunset and farm animals. 


We got a family photo in the patch. Thanks kind stranger for helping us out.


Emma and I wanted new Facebook profile pictures so we had Paul take lots of pictures of us by all the cute pumpkins.


I had no idea she was pulling faces like this one!





Andrew isn't on Faceook but I wanted one of his cute face too.


Finally it was time to pick the perfect pumpkins. This year was so of interesting. Almost all of the pumpkins were the exact same shape. There weren't any tall skinny ones or short fat ones, they were all perfect jack-o-lantern shape but everyone found one they liked. Except me. I saw ones I liked but I didn't pick any of them.






This one was tempting...






but I decided to be different so I got one of these funky grey/green pumpkins. It doesn't even look real.


We were losing light quickly. It went by way too fast. I could have stayed there all night long but they had to close. We went across the freeway to Cracker Barrel for some french fries and dessert. 

Andrew got a strawberry sundae and loved every bite.


Emma and I got a pumpkin custard with a caramel whipped cream and a gingersnap crumble crust. Oh my word, it was like fall in a cup. It was amazing! 


Paul got a baked apple dumpling that had ice cream and a streusel topping. It was so big that Emma decided to help him eat it.


It's impossible to go to Cracker Barrel and not take a minute to sit in their chairs. 


Silly kids, posing with the giant checkers.



 I had to get one by the washing machine since it seems like I am doing wash all the time!


Thank you Jaker's for having the best pumpkin patch in Utah! We will see you next year.

No comments: