Thursday, October 13, 2011

Good Health is a Blessing

This is how I've been feeling lately.

Lately I've had a string of little medical annoyances that has really made me appreciate how lucky I am to have have been blessed with good health. I feel bad for complaining. I know other people have it so much worse but I have to get this out.

It all started with a funny feeling in my tooth. I thought a filling was coming loose. I felt a suction like sensation when I would chew on my right side. It wasn't bad, just annoying. I figured I would have it looked at when I went in for my check up, in six weeks. (I really do try to avoid medical professionals at all cost) Well it got worse. It turned into a constant dull pain that I couldn't ignore any longer.

After a few days of pain I went in and guess what. They couldn't find anything wrong. Upon my insistence that there really was a problem the dentist decided to drill to see if there was something going on out of his sight. Sure enough, I needed a root canal on my very back tooth. They started it right then but after a couple of hours in the chair they decided there was a problem. I had to be on an antibiotic for at least four days before it could be finished. I was sent home with half a root canal and a lot of pain. At this point I was wishing I had just had the darn tooth pulled. It would have saved me sooo much time and hundred and hundreds of dollars.

The next day we went to the football game and I was not feeling well. I was sore. I was drugged, but not with anything good. I was sad.

The antibiotic they gave me gave me an infection of another kind. Oh the joy.

Just when I was starting to feel better all the way around it was time to go back in to have the rest of the root canal finished. When he was numbing me he hit a nerve. Oh how that hurt. It actually made me cry. I had another couple of hours in the chair where I was feeling pretty beat up. It took a whole week for my jaw to stop hurting. My mouth is now okay but I have to go back in on Monday to get my crown put on. To say I'm not excited is an understatement.

Tuesday morning I woke up feeling awful. I must have had a fever. My body ached, my head was pounding, my eyes were scratchy, my throat was itchy and I felt like a fire breathing dragon. It was not a good day but I still had to drive carpool and do a couple of other things I would have rather not done.

Wednesday I woke up feeling much much better. I had a head cold still but I was way better off than I was the day before. I was on the mend! Oh happy day. All is well.

I spoke too soon. Last night I noticed my eyelids felt tight. As we watched Survivor my eyes got more and more swollen. I was having an allergic reaction to something. I'm guessing it's new make-up sponges since that is the only thing I've changed. They are latex free and hypoallergenic but my eyes are almost swollen shut so something isn't adding up. As the day goes on they are improving slightly. They are itchy though and it is hard to look straight ahead since the lids don't open well.

For weeks now I have had this or that. I can't wait until I am feeling 100% again.

1 comment:

rlg said...

I am so sorry for you. Wish I could have made it all go away.Get better and stay better, no fun being sick.