Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Paul Had a Birthday Shout Hooray!

Paul turned 38 this year. We went to Chubby's for dinner and then came home for giant cookie instead of cake. We had ordered his cookie the day before to ensure that we got a fresh one (they had had some on display for days. we didn't want one of those.) but when he went to pick it up they hadn't made it for him so they pawned one of the old ones off on him and wrote happy birthday on it. It was gross and I felt terrible for him. I've always hated our Smith's grocery store but this sealed the deal. I need to write a letter to someone because this was unacceptable. 

Anyway, on to the birthday goodies. 



He's always worried about getting burnt so when I saw this chair, after I stopped laughing hysterically, I bought it for him. 


This is a game that he learned how to play on a hiking trip he went on. He loved it and we have since had adult night games where we played it in a group of 18. He was really excited and can't wait to play werewolves again.


We have started dutch ovening and we really enjoy it. I wanted one more pot so we could have meat cooking in our large one, potatoes in this one and dessert in our other one. 



My parents came and got him two Hulk comic books and bought tickets to Sundance's outdoor summer play. We get to have a date night in August where we will have their BBQ and then we will watch Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. We can't wait! It's one of our favorite things to do together.

Andrew helped me pick out the balloons. Paul wanted to see Spider Man with Andrew for his birthday so that was out theme. They went to the movie on Saturday and really enjoyed it.

 I hope Paul felt special on his birthday. We love him so so much. He is the best husband and father anyone could ask for. I can't wait to celebrate many many more birthdays with him. 

1 comment:

rlg said...

Paul is a great man. So thankful you have him.