Sunday, December 9, 2012

Emma Turns 14

Way back in September Emma turned 14. She felt like she had been waiting forever since she is the youngest of her friends in her grade. She didn't want a store bought cake. (boo!) She asked me to make her one. After searching Pinterest this is what she selected. It was a chocolate peanut butter cake with peanut butter frosting. It was amazing. It was VERY rich. We were giving away cake left and right because you could only eat a sliver before feeling like you were going to OD on sugar. She liked it though and I was happy I could make it for her. 



Jenna came over after school to give Emma her first gift. It was a photo album full of pictures of them. I had helped her with it by printing up a bunch of my old pictures. I love these two. They have so many year together and so many memories. It was a blast looking back on them all. Jenna is the closest thing to a sister Emma has. I am so grateful for her.



Emma and I are on a cheesesteak kick. She wanted to go to DP Cheesesteaks. We had gotten a sandwich there before a BYU football game and really really liked it. I was more than willing to go back for another round.


We came home for gifts and cake.



Andrew had given Emma an owl necklace that she was eyeing at a little boutique in town.


She got mostly clothes from Paul and I. It's so easy to shop for her.



He got this super cute bouquet of daisies from Sister G. She had visits from her youth leaders, friends and grandparents. I hope she felt the love.


No comments: