Monday, April 25, 2011

Fourth Grade Rendezvous

Andrew has been learning about Utah history. He has learned about mountain men, bartering, the Golden Spike etc. He is even the lead in his class play about the Golden Spike. It isn't until mid-May but we can't wait to see it.

This past Friday they had an all day rendezvous. It started with mountain man games. Each of the four classes had two games they hosted. The games were things like bows and suction-cup arrows, cow chip toss (Frisbee), bean bag toss (I can't remember the mountain man name) and a bunch of other stations. I ran the leg wrestling. It was a blast! We had so much fun. They divided each class into two sections so there were eight rotations. I was out there screaming rules and counting and cheering for two hours. I almost lost my voice. Here is Andrew wrestling his best friend.











Andrew didn't win this round. By the end of the day I was itching to wrestle someone. When everyone got home we cleared out the living room and went to town. Paul flipped me but then he let me win a couple of rounds. It was a great day. 

No comments: